Maternity Benefit is a periodical payment made to a woman who is rendered incapable of work as a result of her pregnancy and confinement. The benefit is payable at the rate of 60% of the Claimant’s Average Weekly Insurable Earnings for a maximum period of 3 months.
- Present a Medical Certificate certifying that she is pregnant, and expected to confine by a specific date.
- Complete and submit a Maternity Benefit Application form.
- Have been insured with DSS for at least 30 weeks.
- Have been in insurable employment for at least 20 weeks in the last 30 weeks immediately prior to the commencement of maternity leave.
- Not have engaged in any activity which could result in the Disqualification of her claim.